APPLY FOR THE SAFE MENTORING PROGRAM!!
Before you apply for the safe program, be prepared to provide the following the information:
- Your UNC Charlotte credentials (email login)
- Answers to 3 Reflection Questions:
- Introduce yourself, who are you?
- As you look forward to your first year, what are you excited about and what are you anxious about?
- What are you looking for in a mentor/mentee relationship?
2022 SAFE Voyage:
- Voyage will start the week before classes begin, August 14th - August 20th.
- Applications will be reviewed on a reoccurring basis throughout the summer.
- If selected you will be emailed a registration link for Voyage to your uncc email account.
- SAFE Voyage costs $140. The fee includes: (all meals for the week and SAFE swag).
Things to Know About SAFE & SAFE VOYAGE:
- You are required to come to all activities so it is imperative that you be willing to be open to meeting new friends.
- We encourage you to participate in group activities, daily.
- Time management is important so please try to be on time for program activities.
- Communicate your needs to your SAFE Mentor or the program staff.
- You must adhere to the UNC Charlotte Student Code of Conduct at all times
- This is a year long program that does not end at SAFE Voyage
- We will host programs, holiday functions and yearlong raffle activities for participants
- You may utilize office services; such as computers, free printing, professional staff support, etc.
- You will receive a secondary academic advisor
- MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH US!!!
For those who aren't able to attend safe voyage:
We will still be able to provide you with a mentor for the 2022-2023 academic year. Applications for the Mentor Only (Academic Year) will open on July 18th.
- If you'd simply like a mentor for the year without attending SAFE Voyage, there is no charge for signing up for a mentor.
- You will apply for the SAFE Mentor Program starting in July.
- You will move on to campus during your regularly assigned date and time issued by university housing (you will not be granted early access to your housing assignment).
- You will be paired with a mentor at our new mentee welcome reception held during the first week of classes.
- Your mentor will remain with you throughout your first year.
- You will receive secondary academic advising.
- You may participate in fun programs, academic workshops that are free of charge.
- As the University continues to responds to federal and state regulations regarding the Fall Semester, our SAFE plan remains tentative. At this time we are hoping for an in person Voyage.